I love pie, but struggle to make decent pie crust. Usually I stick with the pre-made crust that you throw in a pie pan, fill and bake. A galette is somewhere between a pie and a tart, no crimping, or special pan…..my kind of pie! […]
Get your pen and paper ready, mark your calendar, this may be the BEST recipe I ever post. My mom kept telling me about this super easy almond cake recipe she discovered that took 5 minutes to throw together, 40 minutes to cook and no time to eat. My dad could hardly wait for her to remove it from the oven! I couldn’t imagine that anything that easy would taste so good, I stand corrected. Let me say that again, I STAND CORRECTED!
Small but mighty, don’t underestimate this fun-sized little cake. Loaded with intense almond flavor, it was delicious served with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.The first couple of times I made the 5 Minute Almond Cake, I completely forgot to sprinkle with powdered sugar. I’ve now experienced it both ways, and I’m here to tell you, either way is great. Keep these 6 ingredients on hand at all times for a definite crowd pleaser.
5 Minute Almond Cake
1 stick butter
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoon almond extract
2 tablespoon sliced almonds
powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, spray 8 inch pie or cake pan with nonstick spray
- Melt butter in microwave in glass bowl
- Beat eggs, one at a time, into melted butter using whisk
- Add flour, sugar and almond extract mixing well (batter will be thick)
- Pour batter into 8 inch cake pan and sprinkle sliced almonds over the top
- Bake 40-45 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean in the center
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top before serving, if desired
Kudos, Memommy for an awesome recipe!!!